"HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS."
Click here to see the presentation.
- Describe the character’s physical appearance in your own words. What does he or she look like? What is he or she wearing?
- What does this character do for a living?
- Medieval society was generally comprised of three groups of people. Is her or she associated with the church, the city or the land?
- How would you describe his or her personality, thoughts or behavior? What needs or desires motivate this pilgrim? Are his or her intentions good and honorable?
- What words and details does Chaucer use to bring out this pilgrim's traits?